As complicated as it may sound, this Blueberry & Lavender Ice cream is No-Churn and done in under 25 minutes. The flavor combo is so special and so good that you will not miss your store-bought ice cream at all!
It’s made with St. Dalfour Wild Blueberry Fruit Spread, which helps give that amazing blueberry flavor and color, with all those blueberry chunks that make this spread so special. It’s handmade in small batch production with all natural ingredients and hand-picked fruit, slowly cooked in traditional French kettles in the Aquitaine region of France.
This post is sponsored by St Dalfour. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Sweet Fix Baker possible! all thoughts and opinions are my own
What does No-Churn ice cream mean?
No-Churn ice cream means there’s no need to use an ice cream machine to make your ice cream with a creamy and soft consistency; usually, you use sweetened condensed milk and whipped cream as a base to obtain the creaminess after frozen. This makes it convenient, easy and quick to make.
How to make Wild Blueberry & Lavender Ice Cream
To make this ice cream you’ll need to start by simmering the milk and culinary lavender. Remove from heat and let it steep for 15 minutes. Do not steep for longer or you risk it becoming bitter! Pour lavender mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a mixing bowl and discard the lavender buds.
Whip your heavy cream until stiff peaks form and add the rest of your ingredients, mixing until well combined
Pour your Ice Cream mixture into a freezable container, cover and freeze for at least 4 hours.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Full fat milk
- Dry Culinary lavender
- Heavy whipping cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Wild blueberry St. Dalfour Spread
Wild Blueberry & Lavender Ice Cream
- 1 C full fat milk
- 2 Tbs culinary lavender dry
- 2 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 jar 10 oz / 284 g St. Dalfour Wild Blueberry spread
- Over a medium-sized sauce pan combine milk and lavender. Turn heat to medium-high stirring occasionally; when it starts to simmer, remove from heat immediately and let steep for 15 minutes (do not steep for longer or your lavender milk could become bitter)
- Pour lavender mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a mixing bowl and discard the lavender buds
- Whip your heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Add condensed milk, vanilla extract, salt and Wild Blueberry Spread and mix until well combined. Pour in a freezable container, cover and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight