Carrot Baked Donuts
Super easy, soft and fluffy carrot baked donuts, with a simple and tangy cream cheese frosting, and topped with walnuts
These baked donuts are super simple to make, and can be prepared in under 25 minutes!
They have a sweet and spicy flavor, with cinnamon and nutmeg, as well as chunks of walnuts.
They’re topped with a super easy three ingredient frosting that is creamy and tangy, and pairs so well with them.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- All-purpose flour. Will bing all of your ingredients together
- Cinnamon. Gives flavor to the donuts
- Nutmeg. Flavor and spice
- Baking soda. Gives softness and airiness
- Baking powder. Gives the light and fluffy texture
- Salt. Enhances flavors
- Brown sugar. Sweetens and helps achieve a more soft donut
- Oil. Moistens and makes your baked goods soft
- Eggs. At room temperature so it mixes more evenly with the rest of the ingredients and gives more volume to the baked goods
- Vanilla extract. Good quality, pure vanilla extract for better results
- Carrots. Carrots determine the flavor of these donuts
- Walnuts. Adds flavor and chunks of pure bliss!
- Cream cheese. At room temperature for a creamier frosting
- Powdered sugar. Sifted to avoid lumps in the frosting
How to make Carrot baked Donuts (with video)
Start by mixing the dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt). On a mixing bowl, mix oil and sugar for 1 minute. Add eggs, one by one, mixing after each addition. Gradually add dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Fold in carrots and walnuts.
Using a piping bag, fill donut tins 2/3 full. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. After they’ve been 1 minute out of the oven, remove from tin and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
Beat cream cheese for 1 minute on medium speed, add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until just combined. Frost donuts and top with chopped walnuts
Tips and Tricks to bake the perfect donuts
- Room temperature ingredients. Don’t be tempted to skip this part! Eggs and cream cheese need to be at room temperature for better results. If pressed on time, allow eggs to sit -completely covered- in warm (no hot) water for 5 minutes
- Do not over beat. After adding the flour, beat your mix until just combined to avoid your donuts from becoming cakey
- Filling 2/3 full. Fill the donut tins 2/3 full and not more, to avoid them from overflowing
- Cooling in a wire rack. After they’ve been 1 minute out of the oven, flip the donut tin over the counter and place them over a wire rack to cool completely
- Frosting. Wait until the donuts are completely cooled to frost them, otherwise the frosting will melt with the heat
If you’re lookin for a different recipe click the links below!
- Strawberry and Lemon baked donuts
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Banana Cupcakes with Dulce de Leche filling
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Red Raspberry Filling
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sweetfixbaker to see all the recipes you make!
Carrot Baked Donuts
- 1 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup oil
- 3/4 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 units eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 Cup walnuts chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 Cup powdered sugar measured then sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup walnuts chopped, to top
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F and grease 2 donut tins with non-stick spray
- Over a medium-sized bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt1 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt
- On a separate mixing bowl, mix oil, sugar and vanilla for 1 minute. Add eggs, one by one, mixing after each addition. Gradually add dry ingredients, mixing until just combined*. Fold in carrots and walnuts1/2 Cup oil, 3/4 Cup packed brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 units eggs, 1/2 cup shredded carrots, 1/4 Cup walnuts
- Using a piping bag, fill donut tins 2/3 full*. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. After 1 minute remove from tin and place on a cooling rack to cool completely*
- Beat cream cheese for 1 minute on medium speed, add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until just combined. Frost donuts and top with chopped walnuts8 ounces cream cheese, 1 Cup powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/4 Cup walnuts