This Healthier Chocolate Hazelnut Granola is made with coconut sugar and maple syrup, crunchy hazelnuts and chocolate chunks, toasted in the oven for a crispier touch.
This granola has been one of my favorite granolas so far, including store bought ones!
By now you probably know I’m a chocolate lover, so I couldn’t resist making this granola with cacao powder and semi-sweet chocolate chunks.
It’s toasted in the oven in a lower temperature for a longer time, to ensure a crispier and crunchier texture.
Last but not least, to make this granola a healthier version, I sweetened it with coconut sugar and pure maple syrup, and used coconut oil to toast it.
The results are so good, that you won’t be missing store bought granola anytime soon!
Ingredients you’ll need
- Pure maple syrup
- Coconut sugar
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
- Old fashioned oats
- Semi-sweet chocolate chunks
How to make it (with a how-to video)
Here’s a quick video on how to make this easy granola:
How to store
To store your granola make sure it’s completely cooled, then keep it in an air tight container at room temperature (no direct sunlight). If well stored and sealed, it could last for up to 6 months.
It could also be stored in a zip lock bag and frozen for later use.
You can substitute the hazelnuts for any other nut of your choice.
Chocolate chunks can also be substituted for dairy free, sugar free, milk or dark chocolate chunks.
For more recipes follow the links below!
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sweetfixbaker to see your amazing creations!
Healthier Chocolate Hazelnut Granola
- 1/4 Cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 Cup coconut sugar
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 Cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 Cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Pre-heat oven to 250 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium-sized bowl mix maple syrup, coconut sugar, coconut oil, vanilla extract, salt and cocoa. Add oats and hazelnuts and mix util oats are well coated.1/4 Cup pure maple syrup, 1/4 Cup coconut sugar, 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon salt, 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder, 2 Cups old fashioned oats, 1/2 Cup hazelnuts
- Spread in the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Mix in the chocolate chunks* and store in an air tight container1/2 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks