This super easy and Basic Vanilla Buttercream is sweet and a bit salty, creamy and perfect for piping.
Ingredients you’ll need
To make this frosting, you’ll only need five basic ingredients:
- Unsalted butter, room temperature
- Powdered sugar, sifted
- Vanilla extract
- Heavy whipping cream
How to make Vanilla Buttercream Frosting?
Making this frosting is super easy, and can be made in just 15 minutes.
Make sure you have all of your ingredients at hand and prepared to use.
Make sure your butter is at room temperature; you can take it out of the fridge 1 hour before making your buttercream or until soft to the touch. As for your powdered sugar, make sure to sift it before using it or you’ll end up with lumps on your buttercream.
Beat butter and salt until fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Mix in the vanilla extract and heavy whipping cream. Alternate powdered sugar and cream mixture, beating in low, until completely incorporated.
Beat for 1 to 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Here is where you can add any food coloring if needed, and beat until fully incorporated.
How to store leftover frosting
If you have leftover frosting, you can place it in a zip lock bag, keeping out as much air as possible.
Seal the bag and freeze it for up to 3 months.
To use it, defrost and whip it a bit, until reaching desired consistency.
For more Cake & Frosting recipes click here!
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sweetfixbaker to see all the recipes you make!
Basic Vanilla Buttercream
- 1 Cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 Cups powdered sugar sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 Cup heavy whipping cream
- Beat butter and salt until fluffy, 1-2 minutes
- Mix vanilla and cream. Alternate powdered sugar and cream mixture, beating in low, until completely incorporated. Beat for 1-2 minutes, until light and fluffy