So, I’m in a hectic, crazy moving week and my two daughters are having a farewell party at their school where I have to take some cupcakes for all of their classmates, so instead of making time consuming, from-scratch cupcakes, I use my to-go, emergency, fail proof, Doctored Cake Mix.
It’s a super simple, foolproof recipe, and you just need to mix all ingredients together and bake! no need to cream butter and sugar, sift or incorporate ingredients. I used this basic Vanilla Buttercream to frost.
I’ve used different cake mixes with different ingredients and Betty Crocker Super Moist yellow Cake Mix is the one that has worked better for my Doctored Cake Mix so far; this post is not sponsored in any way! just a personal preference.
If you’re baking cupcakes, try reading these tips on How to bake the perfect Cupcake, they’re super simple tricks and super useful, don’t skip them!
Grab the recipe below!
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sweetfixbaker to see all the recipes you make!
Doctored Cake Mix
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Cup full fat milk
- 1/2 Cup melted butter
- 3 unit eggs
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Line 3 mini cupcake tins with cupcake liners
- Mix all ingredients together and beat for 1-2 minutes, until all lumps dissappear. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 11-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
- Remove cupcakes from tins as soon as possible; I like to flip my cupcake tin on my counter as soon as the cupcakes come out of the oven. Let cool completely before frosting