Sugar Cookie Bars with Cream Cheese frosting
These super easy Sugar cookie bars with Cream Cheese frosting are extremely soft and absolutely amazing! to top, colorful and fun rainbow sprinkles.
Instead of scooping the dough and making 3 sheets of cookies and frosting each one of them, this recipe is made in one single 8 inch pan, super quick and super easy.
It’s topped with a simple and delicious cream cheese frosting that pairs beautifully with them.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Granulated sugar
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract
- Almond Extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Full fat cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
Tips and Tricks for making the perfect Sugar Cookie bars
- Butter is capable of holding air when whipped at room temperature, so make sure that it’s at room temperature when making your bars. Take it out of the fridge 1 hour prior to using, this will make for softer, more airy sugar cookie bars
- Eggs should also be at room temperature; if pressed on time allow eggs to sit -completely covered- in warm (not hot) water for 5 minutes, this way ingredients will mix more evenly and your bars will get better volume
- Cream cheese and butter need to be at room temperature for a creamy frosting. Allow both to sit on the counter for 1 to 2 hours prior to using them
- To avoid a lumpy frosting, sift your powdered sugar!
Can I make my cookie bars ahead of time?
Sure you can! you can make the dough and refrigerate it for up to 3 days. When ready to bake, let it come at room temperature enough to spread evenly on your baking pan and bake.
You can also bake your bars, remove them from the pan (preferable uncut) and freeze in an air tight container for up to 3 months. Take out of the freezer, let them defrost, frost them with cream cheese frosting, cut them and enjoy!
Are you looking for more dessert bars? click here! or if you’re looking for cookie recipes, click here.
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sweetfixbaker to see your amazing creations!
Sugar Cookie bars with Cream Cheese frosting
Sugar Cookie dough
- 3/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Cream Cheese frosting
- 8 ounces full fat cream cheese room temperature
- 1 1/4 Cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Cups powdered sugar sifted
- Sprinkles to top
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8×8 in baking pan with parchment paper. Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Mix Sugar, butter and salt until no lumps are visible and butter is creamed. Add in eggs, vanilla and almond extract and mix
- Mix in flour and baking powder until just combined. Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly, bake for 35 minutes or until edges are golden brown but center is still gooey. Let cool completely
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla and almond extract until creamy and until no lumps are visible. Gradually, add powdered sugar and salt and mix until fluffy
- Pulling the parchment paper, remove the bars from the pan and frost, add sprinkles and cut into 16 equally sized squares