These soft and chewy Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal cookies are made with milk Chocolate Chips and Dried Cranberries, for an amazing flavor combo; plus, you could potentially have a warm Oatmeal cookie in your hand in less than 30 minutes!
Simple and quick!
These cookies are super simple to make and you could have them warm and ready to eat in less than 30 minutes.
Start by pre-heating your oven and preparing 3 baking sheets with parchment paper. Secondly, combine your dry ingretients (all-purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt) and set them aside
Next, Beat your butter and sugars until light and fluffy, for about 1 1/2 minutes, then add your eggs and vanilla and mix. After this, add dry ingredients, mix them with the rest of your dough and add oats, chocolate chips and dry cranberries. Scrape the sides of your bowl to make sure everything is well combined.
Drop your dough into your prepared baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes. Either place them on a wire rack to cool or eat them warm straight out of the oven -I can attest the latter tastes extremely good!
For a how-to video follow this link.
Ingredients you’ll need
- All-purpose flour: helps building structure
- Baking soda: will help your cookies rise
- Cinnamon: enhances other flavors and gives aroma
- Salt: enhances the flavor and helps balance sweetness
- Unsalted butter: will help them stay soft and rich
- Brown sugar: helps not only giving sweetness to your cookies, but also helps making them soft and tender
- Granulated sugar: helps with sweetness and texture
- Eggs: give structure and tenderness to your cookies
- Vanilla Extract: helps giving flavor and aroma
- Quick oats: gives structure
- Dried Cranberries: balances the sweetness and gives a tart flavor
- Milk Chocolate Chips: gives flavor
Tips and tricks
Feel free to substitute the milk chocolate for white chocolate
You can also make these bigger, with an ice cream scoop, just make sure to bake them for 11 minutes instead
Store the completely cooled cookies in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. These cookies can be frozen in a freezable and air tight container for up to 3 months.
For more cookie recipes follow this link!
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sweetfixbaker to see your amazing creations!
If you make this recipe, please be sure to give it a rating and leave a comment!
Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 Cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 Cup full fat milk
- 1/2 Cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 Cup milk Chocolate Chips plus more for garnish
- 3 Cup quick oats
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F and line with parchment paper 3 baking sheets. Over a medium sized bowl mix your dry ingredients and set aside
- Beat butter and sugars on medium speed for 1 1/2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla extract and milk, mix
- Incorporate your dry ingredients and mix. Add quick oats and mix well. Add cranberries and chocolate chips and mix
- Measure your dough with a 1 1/2 tsp cookie scoop, drop the dough into your prepared baking sheets 2 1/2 inches apart. Place 3 chocolate chips on top of each cookie and bake for 9 minutes
- Let your cookies cool in your cookie sheet for 1 minute and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely