This Kefir and Honey pound cake is the easiest and quickest pound cake you’ll ever make, for every baking skill level! It’s super soft and moist, with just a hint of honey.
It’s made with plain organic Lifeway Kefir, which helps the cake stay soft, spongy and tender, and it gives a special tangy flavor.
What is Kefir?
Lifeway Kefir is a probiotic drink made by fermenting milk; it’s high in protein, calcium and Vitamin D. Some health benefits associated with it are a healthy digestive system and helping support a healthy gut, plus it’s up to 99% lactose free.
Thanks to Lifeway Kefir for sponsoring this post! all thoughts and opinions are my own
Tips to bake the perfect Cake
Be thorough when greasing and dusting your pan! tube pans are full of creases and your cake could stick easily. Make sure to remove your cake from the pan after 15 minutes and not longer to prevent from sticking.
When you bake your cake make sure you use room temperature eggs and butter. They will blend more evenly in your batter and will help your cake rise more than if you use them cold.
Keep an eye on your baking time, to avoid over baking your cake, or it could end up dry and crumbly. Try sticking a toothpick in the center and remove from the oven when it comes out clean.
And lastly, let your cake cool completely before you drizzle it with your honey glaze, to avoid finishing with a melted mess.
Grab the recipe below and have a happy baking!
For more cake recipes click here!
Kefir + Honey Pound Cake
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup full fat plain lifewaykefir
- 2 Cup powdered sugar sifted
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- Pound Cake
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Grease and dust a 9-in tube pan with butter and flour
- Cream butter and sugar for 1 minute. Beat in eggs, one by one. Add honey and vanilla and mix
- On a separate bowl mix dry ingredients. Start adding your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients alternating with @lifewaykefir
- Mix until batter is smooth and no lumps of flour remain
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool over a wire rack for 15 minutes and then, carefully, remove from pan and let cool completely
- Honey Glaze
- Mix all ingredients together until no lumps of powdered sugar remain. Pour over your cooled cake and serve!