This No-Churn Key Lime Pie ice cream is the creamiest, easiest and most refreshing treat you’ll ever make. No ice cream maker needed!
What does Key Lime Pie Ice Cream Taste like?
This ice cream is tart and sweet, super creamy, with lime and chunks of graham crackers. It’s like eating a Key Lime Pie but in frozen form!
What does No-Churn mean?
No-Churn ice cream means there’s no need to use an ice cream machine to make your ice cream with a creamy and soft consistency; usually, you use sweetened condensed milk and whipped cream as a base to obtain the creaminess after frozen. This makes it convenient, easy and quick to make.
Difference between key lime and Lime
The key lime, also known as “Mexican lime”, is smaller, more acidic, thinner and has a stronger aroma than the regular lime. It has a lighter yellow color when ripe and contains more seeds. They don’t store as well as regular limes, therefore try to use them within 2-3 days.
I like this recipe more with key limes, but if you can’t find them, just go ahead and use regular limes, overall the flavor will be almost the same and you won’t be disappointed.
Ingredients you’ll need
This easy ice cream needs some pretty basic ingredients that you probably already have at home:
- Heavy whipping cream. It will help give the ice cream it’s creaminess
- Sweetened condensed milk. helps with sweetness and consistency
- Key lime juice and zest. Gives ice cream it’s citrusy flavor
- Vanilla extract. Gives aroma and enhances flavors
- Salt. Helps enhance flavors
- Graham crackers. Give crunchiness and garnish
How to make (with photos)
First, start by whipping your heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Next, add the rest of your ingredients and mix until everything is well incorporated.
To finish, place your mixture in a freezable container, sprinkle with graham crackers and cover. Freeze for at least 6 hours… and that’s it! I promise you won’t miss your typical store bought ice cream at all!
How to store
Keep your ice cream frozen at all times. It will last for up to 6 months if well frozen.
No-Churn Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- 1 C heavy cream chilled
- 1 Can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 C Key lime juice
- Zest of 3 key limes
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Graham crackers to top
- Start by whipping your heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until everything is well incorporated
- Place in a freezable container and top with crushed graham crackers. Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours