Creamy, sweet and nutty Pistachio Ice cream made without an ice cream machine. It’s unbelievably easy to make and so good!
How do you intensify pistachio flavor?
To intensify the pistachio flavor in this amazing ice cream I used both Vanilla and Almond extract. Both enhance the pistachio flavor and give a heavenly depth of flavor to it, so don’t leave them out!
Also, the addition of salt helps bring the pistachio flavor out. In this case I used roasted and salted pistachios -simply because they’re easier to find- and then developed the recipe accordingly, omitting any extra salt in the recipe.
What flavors pair well with Pistachio?
Pistachios are easily paired with many flavors, so if you’re feeling adventurous, try adding any of these add-ons to your ice cream:
- White, Dark and milk Chocolate
- Citrus flavors like orange, lemon, mandarin, lime and blood orange
- Dried Fruits like cranberries, dates, apricots or figs
Tips and Tricks for making the best Pistachio Ice Cream
- Heavy cream rises quicker when the whisk attachment and metal bowl are cold, so freeze them for 10 minutes before beating the chilled heavy cream for a quicker process
- Make sure you freeze the ice cream for at least 6 hours before serving it to ensure it’s completely set
- Remove it from the freezer 5 to 10 minutes prior to serving
- Store the ice cream covered and in the freezer
Follow this link if you’re looking for more recipes for Ice Cream & Frozen treats, or you can find some of my favorite recipes in the links below.
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sweetfixbaker to see your amazing creations!
If you make this recipe, please be sure to give it a rating and leave a comment!
Pistachio Ice Cream
- 2 Cups heavy whipping cream chilled
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 Cup roasted and salted pistachios measured then grounded (plus more for garnish)
- Beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form (freeze whisk and metal bowl for 10 minutes for a quicker process)
- Add condensed milk, vanilla extract, almond extract and mix until well incorporated. Fold in ground pistachios until evenly distributed
- Place the mixture in a loaf pan or any freezable container, top with the remaining pistachios, cover and freeze for 6-8 hours