Iced Golden Milk or “Turmeric Latte” is an Indian drink made with Turmeric, pepper and spices. It has many potential health benefits due to its nutritious ingredients! enjoy it hot or cold, either way it’s delicious!
Potential health benefits
I used Turmeric Root Powder as well as Ashwagandha Root Powder to make this recipe. The first is widely used in Indian cuisine, it’s referred to as “the cleanser of the body” and helps support joint and health comfort; the latter is also known as “Indian Ginseng” and it’s well known for its energizing properties and is thought to support the body’s natural response to stress.
With the addition of cinnamon and ginger, it’s also attributed to have potential antioxidant benefits, which may help lower your risk of infection and disease. Also, anti-inflammatory properties, may lower sugar levels and may improve digestion.
Pepper and coconut oil help support the Turmeric absorption, plus also add healthy fats and their own attributed health benefits.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Milk of choice
- Turmeric Root Powder
- Ashwagandha Root Powder
- Coconut Oil
- Black Pepper
How to make Golden Milk
Golden Milk can be made either hot or cold, this will depend on the month of year and personal preference. For me, in the middle of July, I decided to keep drinking this super healthy drink in a more refreshing way, and added some ice to it.
To make it, you’ll only need first to place all of your ingredients in a middle sized bowl, second, mix and start to heat them, until completely mixed and dissolved; third and last, when mixture starts to boil, remove immediately from heat. Enjoy it hot or cold, either way it’s delicious!
For more drink recipes click here!
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sweetfixbaker to see all the recipes you make!
Iced Golden Milk
- 2 C milk of choice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Turmeric Root Powder
- 1 tsp Ashwagandha Root Powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 tsp honey or sweetener of choice
- Over a medium sized bowl, heat all ingredients until completely dissolved; remove from heat when it starts to boil and let cool completely2 C milk of choice, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp Turmeric Root Powder, 1 tsp Ashwagandha Root Powder, 1 tsp ginger powder, 1/4 tsp cardamom, 1 tsp coconut oil, Pinch of black pepper, 2 tsp honey or sweetener of choice
- Add ice to a glass and serve. Enjoy!