Who doesn’t love a good cookie? if you’re a cookie lover like me, you’ll love these thick and soft White Chocolate, Cranberries and Macadamia Soft cookies; they’re crunchy from the macadamias, they have a sweet and tart taste from the Cranberries and a sweetness and creaminess to them from the white chocolate.
The combination is just perfect! The best part? you can have them warm and ready to eat in your hands in 30 minutes!
- Granulated sugar: Helps to sweeten your cookies
- Brown sugar: helps your cookie stay sweet and soft
- Butter: Improves the moisture and flavor of your cookies. Use unsalted butter and at room temperature for better results
- Vanilla Extract: It helps complement the flavors of your cookies
- Eggs: They help adding structure to your batter. Room temperature eggs are a must, if you’re in a hurry, try placing your eggs in warm water for a few minutes
- All-purpose flour: Helps adding structure to the batter
- Baking Soda: adds tenderness to your cookies and some leavening
- Salt: balances the sweetness in your cookies
- White Chocolate Chips: will give sweetness and creaminess
- Dried Cranberries: will give a sweet and tart flavor
- Macadamia nuts: they add the crunchy to your cookies
How to make White Chocolate, Cranberries and Macadamia soft Cookies
These are pretty simple as well as straight forward; they take 15 minutes to prepare the batter and 9 minutes in the oven to bake, it’s that simple.
First you’ll need to mix all your dry ingredients. The batter is too thick and if you don’t mix them previously you could risk not having them well distributed in your batter.
Next you’ll cream your butter and sugars; look for light and fluffy, this takes between 1 and 1 1/2 minutes. Then add your eggs and vanilla extract and mix just until combined.
Incorporate your dry ingredients and mix them with your wet ingredients; your batter will be very thick!
Lastly, add your white chocolate chips, cranberries and macadamia nuts. The batter is thick, so I found it was easier to mix them by hand.
Now your batter is done! you just need to grab a cookie scoop to make all your cookies the same size and place them in your baking sheets (2 inches apart), and bake them for 8-9 minutes.
Let them cool slightly in the cookie sheet before transferring them to a wire wrack to cool completely. You should definitely try eating one warm cookie while the others cool, you won’t regret it!
- Can I substitute oil with butter? I wouldn’t recommend it! butter gives a special flavor and texture to this cookies
- Can I substitute all-purpose flour with gluten free flour? I haven’t tried this recipe with gluten free flour but I don’t think it might be a problem. I’m talking about gluten free flour and not almond flour, cassava flour, coconut flour or any other paleo flour out there
- Can I use only white sugar or only brown sugar for this recipe? Brown sugar makes these cookies thick, puffy and soft, therefore changing that sugar ratio could affect that. White sugar makes them thinner and crispier.
- Can I change the Cranberries, white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts to different add-ons? Absolutely! just make sure to keep your ratios
How to store my Cookies
When your cookies are completely cooled, store them in an air tight container. They will last when stored at room temperature for around 3 days. When kept frozen, these could last for a few months.
Macadamia, Cranberry and White Chocolate Chips Cookies
- 3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Cup butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 unit eggs room temperature
- 3/4 Cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 Cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 Cup macadamia nuts
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside
- Over a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside3 Cup all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon salt
- Beat sugars and butter until light and fluffy, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add vanilla and eggs and mix until just combined1/2 Cup granulated sugar, 1 Cup brown sugar, 1 Cup butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 unit eggs
- Incorporate your flour mix and combine, your dough will be very thick. Use your hands to mix in your chocolate chips, macadamias and cranberries, spreading them evenly throughout the dough3/4 Cup white chocolate chips, 3/4 Cup dried cranberries, 1/2 Cup macadamia nuts
- Use a cookie scoop to form your cookies; set them on your prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, let them cool for a couple of minutes over the cookie sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely