Peanut Butter S’more Cookies
S’more and Peanut Butter? this is definitely a match made in heaven! these Peanut Butter S’more Cookies were gone the same day we baked them, so be warned, they’re highly addictive!
These cookies are thick, soft Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies with roasted marshmallows and melted chocolate drizzle on top.
How to bake the perfect Cookie
There are a few things you’ll need to pay attention to when baking these cookies:
- Look for good quality vanilla and don’t skip the salt! these two ingredients are a must for the cookies to have the best flavor
- The most common error: Over mixing. After you add the flour, it is imperative that you don’t over mix your batter, or you could en up having dry cookies. Mix until just combined! and when adding your chocolate chips, fold them in JUST until combined
- Do not over bake your cookies. In this case, it’s better to under bake than to over bake. Your cookies will continue to bake in your cookie sheet after they’re out of the oven
What you’ll need to bake Peanut Butter S’more Cookies
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Peanut butter
- Baking Soda
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Mini Marshmallows
Step-by-Step instructions with Images
First, cream your butter and sugars until light and fluffy on medium speed for two minutes. Add egg and beat, next add peanut butter and vanilla extract and beat for one more minute.
Secondly, add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until just combined. Avoid over mixing or you could en up with dry cookies!
Fold in Chocolate chips and distribute evenly. Again, do not over beat.
With a 1 1/2 tsp cookie scoop measure your batter, place it on your cookie sheet 2 inches apart from each other and flatten the top of your cookie. Add 3 marshmallows on top and bake for 8 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool in cookie sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely… or you can try one small, warm cookie before it cools (highly recommended!)
Drizzle with melted chocolate and enjoy! -no need to let the chocolate set!
How to store Peanut Butter S’more Cookies
These cookies will be at its best when eaten the first two days after they were baked, but they will keep for around 5 days if kept covered in an air-tight container.
These could also be frozen in zip lock bags or a freezable air tight container for up to 3 months
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sweetfixbaker to see all the S’more Peanut Butter Cookies you make!
More easy Cookie Recipes:
- Dulce de Leche filled cookies AKA Alfajores
- White Chocolate, Cranberry and Macadamia Soft Cookies
- Orange Rosemary Shortbread Cookies
- Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Peanut Butter S’more Cookies
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 Cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup peanut butter
- 1 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup milk chocolate chips + 1/4 Cup for melting
- 48 mini marshmallows
- Pre-heat oven to 350º F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Over a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars on medium speed for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy
- Add egg and beat on low speed; add peanut butter and vanilla extract and beat for 1 more minute
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until just combined (do not over-beat!) Fold in 1 Cup of Chocolate chips
- With a 1 1/2 tsp cookie scoop, start forming your cookies, making them flatter on the top (see photos above). Place on the prepared cookie sheet and add 3 mini marshmallows on top of each cookie. Place cookies 2 inches apart
- Bake for 8 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool in the cookie sheet for 1 more minute, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
- Melt your remaining chocolate and place it on a piping bag or use a zip lock bag, cutting a small hole in the corner. Drizzle your cookies with melted chocolate and let cool completely before eating