Mango & Passion Fruit Mezcal Cocktail
You are potentially five minutes away from having this super simple, sweet and Spicy tropical Mango & Passion Fruit Mezcal cocktail drink in your hands, with Mezcal, Mango & Passion Fruit and a kick of Jalapeño peppers.
To simplify this drink, I used St. Dalfour Mango & Passion Fruit Spread, which helps give that tropical cocktail vibe, with a rich texture and tangy finish that pair beautifully with jalapeño and Mezcal.
It’s slowly cooked, in small batch production, with hand-picked and sourced fruit, as well as with vineyard-ripened grapes and fruit juices in traditional French kettles.
Thanks to St. Dalfour for sponsoring this post! all thoughts and opinions are my own
What is Mezcal?
Mezcal is a Mexican alcoholic beverage that’s made from the heart of the Agave plant or “Piña” (translated as Pineapple). 70% of it is made in the Mexican State of Oaxaca.
Many believe Mezcal and Tequila are the same, but there are some differences between them:
- Tequila is a form of Mezcal made from Blue Agave that follows a specific process; on the other hand, Mezcal can be made from a variety of Agaves, including Blue Agave
- The Agave for Tequila is steamed in ovens, whereas the Agave for Mezcal is roasted in pits on the ground lined with rocks; as a result, Mezcal has a smokey and earthy flavor
- Tequila is distilled in copper pots. On the other hand, Mezcal is distilled in clay pots
For this cocktail I chose Mezcal, simply because I loved the smokiness it gives when all flavors are mixed; you can swap it for Tequila though, either way the results will be very similar.
Ingredients for Mango & Passion Fruit Cocktail
- Ice. To keep your drink cold
- Mezcal. It’s the alcoholic addition which contributes with a smokey flavor
- St. Dalfour Mango & Passion Fruit Spread. Sweetens and gives flavor to your drink
- Soda Water. This will be the filler
- Fresh Jalapeno. Gives just a hint of spiciness and flavor
Watch the video below for details on how to prepare it:
How to Prepare this Cocktail
This is the simplest yet most sophisticated drink you’ll ever make. It takes no more than five minutes to prepare!
First add ice to your glass; second, add Mezcal and Mango & Passion Fruit Spread.
Third and last, fill the remaining of your glass with Soda Water and mix well with a spoon, until all ingredients are incorporated. Add two slices of fresh Jalapeno on top and enjoy!
To find more drink recipes click here!
Mango & Passion Fruit Cocktail
- 25 ml mezcal
- 4 Tbsp Dalfour Mango & Passion Fruit Spread
- Club Soda
- Fresh Jalapeño slices
- Start by adding ice to your glass. Then, add the Mango & Passion Fruit Spread, and fill your glass with club soda. Mix with a spoon until everything is well incorporated
- To finish, add two slices of fresh jalapeño