The quickest, easiest and yummiest Pear Loaf Cake with salted caramel drizzle you’ll ever make!
It’s made with a blender which makes it simpler and quicker to prepare, but still, super soft and full of flavor.
What to do with lots of fresh pears?
This pear bread is an amazing way to use all of those ripe pears that are about to over-ripen. The recipe uses 4 cups of ripe pears, and it doesn’t even matter what type of pear you use, as long as its good and full of flavor.
You can also choose to make this delicious Pear & Salted Caramel Pie. Whichever recipe you use, it’s a winner!
Simple, everyday ingredients
- Pears, cored and peeled. Use any that’s ripe and full of flavor
- Oil. Will help the bread stay moist and soft
- Eggs. These need to be at room temperature
- Cinnamon. Gives flavor to the loaf
- All spice. Helps with flavor
- Sugar. To sweeten your bread
- All-purpose flour. This will hold all of your ingredients together
- Baking powder. Gives the light and fluffy texture
- Baking soda. Gives softness and airiness
- Salt. Enhances flavor
- Caramel bits. This is for the caramel drizzle, you can also use any soft caramel candy
- Heavy cream. Used to soften the caramel
How to make this easy Pear loaf cake with salted caramel drizzle
You won’t believe how easy it is to make is this pear loaf!
For the bread, you’ll just need to add all of your ingredients into a blender, and blend! as simple as that.
For the caramel drizzle, heat the cream and caramels in a Microwave in intervals, mixing, until completely melted and well combined. Add salt and mix.
Drizzle your loaf with the caramel drizzle and serve immediately.
Tips and Tricks for making the best Pear loaf
- Make sure the eggs are at room temperature. This will ensure that they mix more evenly with the rest of the ingredients; it also helps giving better volume to the bread. If pressed on time, allow eggs to sit -completely covered- in warm (no hot) water for 5 minutes
- For the caramel drizzle, you can also melt the ingredients in a stove-top in low heat, until fully combined.
- Make sure that the loaf is completely cooled before adding the caramel drizzle, or it might melt right into your loaf
Which Pears should I use to bake?
If this was a Pear Pie, like this amazing Pear & Salted Caramel Pie, I would tell you to use a pear that holds its shape when exposed to heat, like Anjou, Bartlett or Bosc, but in this case you’ll be blending all of the ingredients together, including the pears, so feel free to use a softer pear if you prefer.
What I would definitely recommend is using a pear that’s ripe and full of flavor, that will definitely impact in the end results.
How to know if pears are ripe?
A ripe pear will normally have the best flavor, sweet and sometimes juicy, depending on the type of pear you’re tasting.
Unripened pears need to be kept at room temperature to speed up the ripening process.
To know if it’s ripe, just squeeze the area around the stem of the pear, and if it it gives a little, it’s a sign of its ripeness.
Can you substitute canned pears for fresh pears?
You can, just be sure to toss the water out before using them. One medium-sized pear is approximately one cup, so you’ll need 4 cups of canned pears for this recipe.
How to store this pear bread recipe?
You can store it in an air tight container, in a cool place and out of the sun or any heat sources. It will last fresh for 3-4 days.
Can I freeze this pear bread?
Sure you can! Place it in an air tight container very well covered to avoid freezer burn. Thaw it overnight in the refrigerator and then drizzle with caramel.
Here are some links for more Autumn recipes:
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sweetfixbaker to see all the recipes you make!
If you make this recipe, please be sure to give it a rating and leave a comment!
Pear Loaf Cake
- 4 medium sized pears cored and peeled
- 3/4 Cup oil
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon all spice
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 Cup caramel bits
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pear Loaf
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Butter and dust a loaf pan, set aside
- Blend the pears, oil, eggs, spices and sugar until pears are puréed and everything is well combined. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend until combined
- Bake for 45-50 min, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely over a wire rack before adding salted caramel
- Salted Caramel
- Microwave caramel and cream in intervals, mixing, until completely melted and well combined. Add salt and mix
- Drizzle your loaf with caramel and serve immediately