The most easy, fudgy and gooey brownies ever!
These brownies are super easy to make, in only one bowl and without the need of an electric mixer!
They’re packed with semi sweet chocolate chips and chocolate chunks and sprinkled with sea salt on top.
What makes brownies more fudgy?
Fudgier brownies require more fat in them, in this case butter.
The butter-to-flour ratio is higher than if you’re aiming for cakier brownies, where there’s more flour and baking powder in them.
So if you want fudgier brownies, try adding a bit more fat (butter, oil or chocolate) or try decreasing the flour. On the other hand, if you are looking for cakier brownies, reduce the fat or add more flower to them.
What equipment is needed to make these Gooey brownies?
Because the butter is melted and there is no need to cream it with the sugar, this recipe doesn’t need an electric mixer.
You can do these brownies in a single bowl! what you’ll need is all of the ingredients, a medium sized bowl, a whisk (or a fork if you mix it well!), a 9×13 inch pan, parchment paper and your oven.
How long will homemade brownies last?
These brownies will last 3 to 4 days stored in an air tight container, and up to one week if they are refrigerated
Can I freeze brownies?
Definitely! brownies freeze really well and it’s really simple to do it.
To freeze them individually, first make sure that your brownies are completely cooled and then cut them. Second, store them in a freezable air tight container in layers, in addition to adding a piece of parchment paper in between each layer to prevent them from sticking together. Freeze them for up to 3 months.
To freeze the whole uncut pan of brownies just make sure they’re completely cooled, remove them from the pan and wrap them with plastic wrap and then with aluminum foil on top. Freeze them for up to 3 months.
Follow this link for more brownies and Bars recipes, or follow the links below for some of my favorites:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats
Chocolate Almond Shortbread Bars
Caramel Walnut Chocolate Chip Blondies
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sweetfixbaker to see your amazing creations!
If you make this recipe, please be sure to give it a rating and leave a comment!
- 3/4 Cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 Cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 Cup fresh brewed coffee
- 2 Cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 1/3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Sea Salt optional
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 f. Line the bottom and sides of an 13x9x2 in baking pan with parchment paper
- Stir cocoa and baking soda; add half the butter, hot coffee and stir until mixture is thickened. Add sugar, eggs and remaining butter, and mix until combined
- Add flour, vanilla extract and salt, mix until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips*
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 31-34 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out with a few crumbs. Let cool completely, sprinkle with sea salt, cut into 24 squares and enjoy!