Super creamy No-Churn Mexican Hot Chocolate Tequila Ice Cream that takes after my growing up, all-time favorite hot chocolate, but with a kick!
What is Mexican Hot Chocolate and what does it taste like?
Mexican Hot Chocolate is somewhat less sweet and has a more pronounced chocolate taste, it’s spicier and has a slightly granular texture. It sometimes has either chili powder or cayenne pepper, cinnamon and some other spices.
This Mexican Hot Chocolate Tequila ice cream has a deep chocolate flavor, it’s less sweet than traditional chocolate ice cream, and has a hint of cinnamon and Cayenne Pepper. To round up the flavor, I used a kick of Tequila, making this ice cream unique and so very tasteful!
It’s easy to make, -no need of an ice cream maker- and it’s so much different than your traditional chocolate ice cream, you won’t regret making it!
Ingredients you’ll need
- Semi-sweet Chocolate (I used 62%)
- Heavy whipping cream
- Full fat milk
- Cayenne pepper
- Vanilla extract
How to make Mexican Hot Chocolate Tequila Ice Cream
Strat by whipping the heavy cream with a whip attachment until stiff peaks form; freeze whisk and metal bowl for 10 minutes before whipping your cream for better results.
Mix in melted chocolate, until completely incorporated.
Add milk, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, vanilla extract, salt and tequila, and mix until well combined.
Place mixture in a freezable container, cover and freeze overnight. Enjoy!
You can store your ice cream in an air tight container in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Here are some more Ice Cream recipes if you’re looking for inspiration!
- No-Churn Banana Bourbon Ice Cream
- No-Churn Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- Wild Blueberry & Lavender No-Churn Ice Cream
- Chocolate Raspberry Chili Ice Cream
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sweetfixbaker to see your amazing creations!
Mexican Hot Chocolate Tequila Ice Cream
- 2 Cups heavy whipping cream chilled
- 2 Cups semi-sweet Chocolate chopped melted and cooled
- 1 Cup full fat milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6-7 Tablespoons tequila
- Whip heavy cream with a whip attachment until stiff peaks form. Mix in melted chocolate, until completely incorporated. Add milk, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, vanilla extract, salt and tequila, until well combined2 Cups heavy whipping cream, 2 Cups semi-sweet Chocolate chopped, 1 Cup full fat milk, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 6-7 Tablespoons tequila
- Place mixture in a freezable container, cover and freeze overnight. Enjoy!