Chocolate Almond Butter Recipe
This easy Chocolate Almond Butter recipe is an almond version of Nutella, and a healthier treat; although it’s gluten free, refined sugar free and dairy free, it will satisfy all of your chocolate cravings! Plus it’s made in 15 minutes or less.
If you’re a fan of Nutella, a chocolate lover, have a sweet tooth and you’re looking to indulge on a sweet treat with wholesome ingredients, this dark chocolate almond butter spread is just for you! It’s made with healthy ingredients and it’s perfect to spread on top of bread, a rice cake or even on top of ice cream or graham crackers (healthier versions 😉).
Ingredients you’ll need to make this Chocolate Almond Butter recipe
You’ll need only 5 simple ingredients for this Homemade Chocolate Almond butter, found in any big grocery store:
- Creamy Almond butter. I used store bought, 100% natural almond butter. I find the texture way better than when I make my own in a food processor, but feel free to make a homemade version instead
- Cocoa Powder. It’s used to give the chocolate flavor
- Pure Maple syrup. Helps sweeten the almond butter mixture
- Vanilla extract. Good quality vanilla extract makes a difference!
- Sea Salt. Enhances the flavors
How to make this homemade Nut butter
Theres only one step to make this; just mix the store bought almond butter, cocoa powder, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract and a sprinkle of sea salt together until well combined.
Tips and Tricks for making this Cocoa almond spread
- If you’re making your own nut butter, I suggest using a high powered blender for a better consistency, and if you’re using raw almonds, you can place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast them in the oven. You can also buy lightly salted and roasted almonds, and just omit the sea salt.
- You can swap the almond butter with cashew butter, walnut butter or your favorite nut butter instead
- Try peanut butter instead of the almond butter, and I bet this tastes like a healthier version of peanut butter cups. I’m definitely trying it next time!
- If you feel your nut butter is too dry in the end (this will depend on the nut butter you bought, or if you used your own nut butters), try adding a little bit of melted coconut oil, one teaspoon at a time, until reaching desired consistency
How long will my Chocolate almond spread last?
You can store it in an airtight container or a mason jar and it will last for 3 to 4 weeks. It will last more than that if you store it in the refrigerator
Here’s a video of this delicious spread, so you can see its consistency and texture,
Follow this link if you’re looking for more easy recipes for more Healthier desserts, or you can find some more Oreo recipes in the links below.
Chocolate Banana Marbled Bread
Healthier Chocolate Hazelnut Granola
If you make this recipe, please be sure to give it a star rating and leave a comment!
Chocolate Almond Butter Recipe
- 12 ounces 230 grams 100% natural almond butter (no sugar added)
- 1/4 Cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 Cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Mix all of the ingredients together until well combined