This easy OREO Milkshake recipe requires no chocolate ice cream or vanilla ice cream; it’s a very thick and creamy milkshake made in under 15 minutes!
Ever wanted to make a milkshake and had no ice cream at hand? This easy milkshake recipe is perfect for a hot summer day -or any other day for that matter- and it’s one of those drinks that the whole family can enjoy!
What can I use instead of Ice Cream in a Milkshake?
So you might be wondering, how can you make thick milkshakes without ice cream?
There are a few simple ingredients that help thicken things up: heavy cream, OREO cookies and Ice cubes.
Although these are not the only ingredients used, they’re a great way to give this delicious beverage it’s creamy texture
Ingredients used to make this simple OREO Milkshake recipe
There a some pretty simple ingredients used for this easy recipe, found in any big grocery store:
- Cold Milk. For the base of the milkshake. Make sure it’s full-fat milk! the creaminess of whole milk makes a difference for achieving the perfect milkshake with a thicker consistency
- Heavy cream. Helps with the thickness and creaminess of cream shake
- Granulated sugar. Helps to sweeten the milkshake
- Vanilla extract. Will enhance other flavors
- Chocolate Sandwich cookies. Gives the OREO flavor and chocolate flavor to it -it’s definitely a key ingredient!
- Whipped Cream, chocolate sauce and chunks of OREO cookies to top
Making Homemade OREO Milkshake
There’s only one simple step for making this Chocolate OREO Milkshake: blend the cup of whole milk, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla and OREO biscuits together, until well combined. It’s that simple!
Although I will add the final and most important step as an extra, which is also the best part: the toppings of this Creamy OREO Milkshake, and obviously, drinking it.
Pour the milkshake inside of the glass, top with whipped cream, drizzle chocolate syrup on top, then add OREO crumbs and an extra cookie if desired. Then enjoy this perfect sweet treat immediately (room temperature milkshakes don’t taste as good!)
Substitutions for a Vegan version of this OREO Shake recipe
Although I haven’t tried this version, I bet it would taste as good! make the following substitutions:
- Heavy cream with coconut cream
- Milk with non-dairy milk of your choice, like almond milk or coconut milk
- Whipped cream with whipped coconut cream (refrigerate until thick, then beat the thick part and discard the water)
- Drizzle of chocolate syrup with a vegan version
Follow this link if you’re looking for more easy recipes for Ice Cream & Frozen treats, or you can find some more OREO recipes in the links below.
If you make this recipe, please be sure to give it a rating and leave a comment!
OREO Milkshake Recipe without Ice Cream
- 1 Cup full fat milk
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 OREO cookies
- 1 1/2 Cups of Ice
- Whipped cream chocolate syrup and crushed Oreos to decorate
- Blend all of the ingredients together until well combined1 Cup full fat milk, 1 Cup heavy cream, 1/2 Cup granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 12 OREO cookies, 1 1/2 Cups of Ice
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup and crushed OREO cookies, and drink immediatelyWhipped cream