This super easy, creamy White Chocolate Ice Cream recipe has no eggs and it’s made without an ice cream machine. It’s simple to make and tastes amazing! it has become one of my favorite flavors for ice cream and I find it super easy to pair with many other desserts. It’s one of my go-to ice creams for dinner parties.
What does White Chocolate Ice Cream taste like?
This homemade ice-cream is sweet and creamy, with a buttery, milky sweet taste. It has 2 Cups of white chocolate, which is what is used to sweeten it and gives its ice cream flavor; it’s more or less like eating white chocolate but in frozen form.
It has less caffeine than regular chocolate ice cream, because white chocolate has very little caffeine compared to regular chocolate, or even less compared to dark chocolate.
Check out this video of this white chocolate Ice cream recipe, so you can see up close its texture
White Chocolate Facts
- White Chocolate has way less caffeine than dark and milk chocolate. It actually contains only traces of it
- September 22 is National White Chocolate day
- White Chocolate was invented by Nestlé in 1930
- Because of it’s high fat content, white chocolate absorbs other odors easily
- White chocolate -generally- keeps up to one year
- Real White Chocolate will be yellow due to the color of the cocoa butter, while whiter white chocolate is probably more confectionary
What ingredients does this White Chocolate Ice Cream recipe need?
To make this no churn ice cream, you’ll need very few and simple ingredients:
- White chocolate bars, chopped in small pieces. You can also use white chocolate chips
- Heavy cream. This is the ice cream base that will help give a softer texture
- Salt. Will help enhance the flavors
- Vanilla extract. Use good quality, pure vanilla extract for better results
- Whole milk. Will help with the texture of the ice cream. Avoid using reduced fat or non-fat milk!
How to make the perfect ice cream
This is a super easy recipe, and with only a few steps to make it. What you do need to consider is the amount of time this needs to be refrigerated and frozen, so think about it when planning to make it.
- Start by melting the chunks of white Chocolate and heavy whipping cream together over a medium saucepan in low heat, until you have completely melted white chocolate. Mix in vanilla and salt. Let the hot mixture cool a bit and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Over a large bowl or a mixing bowl, whip your mixture with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, around 1-2 minutes. Add milk and mix. Pour your mixture in a separate bowl or freezable container, cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving.
White Chocolate Ice Cream Pairings
I love the versatility of this delicious ice cream! It’s like having a vanilla ice cream that goes with everything, but more original.
Some pretty amazing ways to pair this creamy ice cream are:
- Topped with fresh raspberries or raspberry sauce
- Fresh strawberries or strawberry sauce
- Topped with caramel sauce or Chocolate sauce
- White Chocolate curls or dark chocolate curls
- Walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, cashews or pistachios
- Chocolate Cake
- Vanilla Cake
- Carrot Cake
- Strawberry Cake
- Chocolate brownies
- Apple Pie
- Peach Pie
- Pineapple Pie
- Cherry Pie
- Pear Pie
- On top of grilled fruit like peaches or pineapples
- Anything matcha will pair beautifully with it
Tips and Tricks
Take out of the fridge 5 minutes before serving
Make sure your mixture is cooled for 3-4 hours before beating. When the fat in the cream is cold while beating, it helps in making it light and airy, and it holds better its shape.
You can add a handful of small white chocolate chunks to your mixture right before placing it in the freezer.
Although I’ve never tried this, you could substitute the cream, white chocolate and milk for non dairy versions. Coconut Cream, non dairy milk and non dairy white chocolate could work instead of the original ingredients, just make sure that you don’t use low fat versions.
How long does Ice Cream last
Homemade Ice Cream can last in the freezer for around 2 weeks if stored correctly; after that, texture could change a bit and large crystals may form.
To prevent this, place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the ice cream’s surface after each use.
Follow this link if you’re looking for more recipes for Ice Cream & Frozen treats, or you can find some of my favorite recipes in the links below.
If you make this recipe, please be sure to give it a rating and leave a comment!
White Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 Cups white chocolate chopped
- 2 Cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup whole milk
- Melt Chocolate and heavy whipping cream together in low heat, until chocolate is completely melted. Mix in vanilla and salt. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours2 Cups white chocolate, 2 Cups heavy whipping cream, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whip your mixture until light and fluffy, around 1-2 minutes. Add milk and mix. Pour your mixture in a freezable container, cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving.1 Cup whole milk