This simple Paleo Chocolate Mousse is super soft and airy. Free from dairy, refined sugars and gluten, and it’s so good you won’t even realize it’s a healthier version than the average mousse!
Plan ahead of time!
- For this recipe you’ll need to make this simple Paleo Raspberry Jam, -or any paleo jam of your choice- and let it cool completely before using it to layer the mousse. You can also eat it as it is! or add a few fresh strawberries or raspberries instead.
- The chocolate needs to be melted and cooled before mixing it with the rest of the ingredients
- You will also need to chill your coconut milk cans overnight. This will help the coconut milk and coconut water to separate, so you can scoop the thick part and set the coconut water aside.
- Once your dessert is ready, you will need to refrigerate it for an hour for the mousse to set, so plan ahead of time!
- You can definitely make it before and leave it refrigerated more than an hour!
Ingredients you’ll need
- Paleo raspberry jam recipe
- Unsweetened 100% chocolate
- Cans coconut milk, chilled overnight
- Vanilla extract
- Monk fruit (1:1 ratio substitution with sugar)
How to make it
This chocolate mousse is very simple to make.
Once you have your chocolate melted and cooled, and the thick parts of the coconut milk scooped out, everything is pretty straight forward.
You will have to mix the coconut cream, vanilla extract, monk fruit and honey, and whisk until no lumps are visible. Add the cooled chocolate and mix.
Scoop the mix into your jars, adding a layer of mousse, then one of jam. Repeat this process and finish with a layer of mousse on top.
After that, you just need to cover and refrigerate!
Follow this link for more Healthier dessert recipes, or follow the links below to see some of my favorites:
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sweetfixbaker to see your amazing creations!
If you make this recipe, please be sure to give it a rating and leave a comment!
Paleo Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Jam
- Paleo raspberry jam link in post
- 4 ounces 1/2 Cup unsweetened 100% chocolate
- 2 cans coconut milk chilled overnight
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons monk fruit 1:1 ratio substitution with sugar
- 1/4 Cup honey
- pinch of salt
- Melt chocolate and let cool
- Open your cans of coconut milk and scoop the thick part on top (coconut cream). Discard the coconut water or save for later
- Mix your coconut cream, vanilla extract, monk fruit and honey, and whisk until no lumps are visible. Add cooled chocolate and mix
- Scoop into your jars, adding a layer of mousse, then one of jam; repeat this process and finish with a layer of mousse on top. Cover and refrigerate for one hour before serving