This Chocolate Banana Marbled Bread is gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free; it’s super moist and soft, with an intense chocolate flavor thanks to a secret ingredient!
This super easy Chocolate Banana Bread is a healthier version to the common banana bread.
It’s made with naturally gluten free flours, it is naturally sweetened with ripe bananas and pure maple syrup, and has no dairy in it!
It’s made in a single bowl, no need of an electric mixer, and made in under 30 minutes.
The chocolate is mixed with a bit of coffee, which gives an intense and deep chocolate flavor, and the bananas and maple syrup help the bread stay super moist and soft.
Ingredients you’ll need for this Chocolate Banana Marbled Bread
- Ripe bananas
- Eggs, room temperature
- Pure maple syrup
- Coconut oil, melted
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Cocoa powder
How to create Chocolate and Banana marbles
To create those amazing marbles in this bread you’ll need to alternate banana and chocolate batter into the center of the prepared loaf pan, around 1/3 Cup of each, then swirl the top with a toothpick or a butter knife.
Here’s a how-to video that helps understand the process in a more visual way:
Tips and Tricks
- Use very ripe bananas; this is crucial for having a naturally sweet bread without the need of added sugar
- Use room temperature eggs. Leave them out of the fridge 30 minutes prior to using; If pressed on time, allow eggs to sit -completely covered- in warm (no hot) water for 5 minutes
- If you can’t get your hands on some coffee -or don’t want to use any- substitute the coffee for warm water instead, although I would encourage you to use it! the coffee enhances the chocolate flavor and helps deepen its flavor
- You can skip the banana on top altogether! the marble looks beautiful by itself
For more healthier dessert recipes follow the links below:
- Healthier Chocolate Hazelnut Granola
- Easy Chocolate Tahini Fudge
- Sugar Free Truffles
- Healthier Chocolate Hazelnut Tart
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sweetfixbaker to see your amazing creations!
If you make this recipe, please be sure to give it a rating and leave a comment!
Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread (GF, DF, Refined Sugar Free)
- 4 units ripe bananas
- 3 units eggs room temperature
- 1/2 Cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 Cup coffee
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Spray with baking spray and line a loaf pan, leaving an overhang on the sides of the loaf for easy removal
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash 3 bananas, add eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder and salt
- Add almond flour and coconut flour, mix until just combined, and until no lumps are visible
- Spoon 1/3 of the batter in a separate bowl, add cocoa powder and coffee and mix until combined
- Alternate banana and chocolate batter into the center of the prepared loaf pan, around 1/3 Cup of each, then swirl the top with a toothpick or a butter knife. Slice the remaining banana lengthways and place both halves on top
- Bake 45-50 min or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool for 15 minutes in the pan and then remove and place on a wire rack to cool completely
- Leave eggs out of the fridge 30 min prior to using
- If pressed on time, allow eggs to sit -completely covered- in warm (no hot) water for 5 minutes