These Paleo Pistachio brownies are for chocolate lovers. With a darker chocolate flavor, a soft ganache, with crunchy pistachios and sea salt, this is the perfect brownie version for anyone who’s on a dairy free, gluten free or sugar free diet.
How to make Paleo brownies
These brownies are super simple! they’re made in under 30 minutes and baked in 25-30 minutes.
Start by making your brownies: Pre-heat oven and line with parchment paper an 8×8 in pan.
Combine coconut oil and melted chocolate, add eggs and Monk fruit sugar or any other paleo friendly sugar of your choice with a 1:1 ratio and mix until sugar is dissolved. Add vanilla extract, almond flour and cocoa powder and mix until combined. Lastly, mix in your chocolate chips and pistachios.
After this, bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out almost clean. Let cool completely before adding your ganache or you risk the ganache becoming too runny or seeping into your brownies (it might taste good, but they won’t look pretty!)
While your brownies are cooling, start making your ganache: Mix your coconut oil, maple syrup and salt. Melt chocolate chips and add them to your coconut oil mixture, mixing until all lumps are gone. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes to thicken. Spread over your cooled brownies and top with pistachios and sea salt.
You could also skip the ganache if you’re in a hurry, however, I found that it does add flavor and consistency to the brownies, plus it’s super simple to make.
For a how-to video follow this link
Ingredients you’ll need
- Dark chocolate chips (paleo friendly); there are many brands out there that offer sugar free and dairy free chocolate, for this recipe I used Lilys Sweets
- Coconut oil
- Eggs. At room temperature; If you’re in a rush you can submerge them in warm water and it will help speed the process
- Monk fruit sugar, or any other paleo friendly sugar substitute with a 1:1 ratio
- Vanilla extract
- Almond flour
- Cocoa powder
- Maple Syrup (Grade A)
For more paleo friendly and healthier dessert recipes follow this link
How to store
These brownies will last covered at room temperature for up to 3 days; you can freeze them in an air tight container for up to 3 months
Paleo Pistachio Brownies
- 3/4 C dark chocolate Paleo friendly chocolate chips, melted (I used Lilys Sweets)
- 3/4 C coconut oil melted
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 C monk fruit sugar 1:1 ratio
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 C almond flour
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 C shelled pistachios
- 1/2 C paleo friendly chocolate chips
- 3/4 C paleo friendly dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 C coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Crushed pistachios and sea salt for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F and line with parchment paper a 8×8 in pan
- Combine melted chocolate and oil. Add eggs, sugar and mix until sugar is dissolved
- Add vanilla, flour and cocoa powder, and mix until combined. Mix in chocolate chips and pistachios
- Pour over prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out almost clean. Let cool completely
- Place on a medium-sized bowl the coconut oil, maple syrup and salt and mix
- Melt chocolate chips and pour over oil mixture, mixing until no lumps are visible. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes to thicken
- Spread over cooled brownies and top with pistachios and sea salt