Double Chocolate Marshmallow Bars
These double chocolate Marshmallow bars are gooey and soft, with a layer of marshmallow fluff that makes these extra moist
They are made with a double chocolate cookie dough, with milk chocolate chips and dark chocolate chips, and they are so gooey that their texture resembles a brownie, super soft and moist.
They are very simple to make, and the dough doesn’t need to be refrigerated! which makes them also quick to prepare.
Ingredients you’ll need to make these Double Chocolate Marshmallow bars
- All-purpose flour
- Cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- Sea salt (or regular salt)
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Unsalted butter, room temperature
- Vanilla extract
- Eggs, at room temperature
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Milk chocolate chips
- Marshmallow fluff
Tips and Tricks
- Take butter and eggs out of the fridge 30-60 minutes before using, depending on the room temperature at the time
- After adding flour, do not over beat the dough, or you risk the bars becoming cakey! you want (and definitely need!) soft and gooey bars, and this is a key element to achieve that
- The dough is pretty sticky, so when working with it, if you’re having trouble, try wetting the point of your fingers to avoid the dough sticking to them so much; you can also use a small piece of parchment paper to press the dough into the pan
- The marshmallow fluff is also sticky and somewhat difficult to handle. try adding dollops of the marshmallow fluff on top of the cookie dough trying to cover as many areas as possible, then spread it with a spoon, and don’t worry if not everything is covered!
Click here for more Brownies & Bars recipes, or follow these links for a few of my favorite ones:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispies treats
Caramel Walnut Chocolate Chip blondies
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sweetfixbaker to see your amazing creations!
If you make this recipe, please be sure to give it a rating and leave a comment!
Double Chocolate Marshmallow Cookie Bars
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 Cup packed Brown sugar
- 13/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips plus more to top
- 1 Cup milk chocolate chips plus more to top
- 1 Cup marshmallow fluff
- Line a 13x9x2 baking pan with parchment paper and pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- Mix butter and sugars, until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract, eggs and mix. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix. Fold in Chocolate chips.
- Spread 2/3 of the cookie dough into your prepared pan; batter will be sticky, so either wet your fingers with water or use a piece of parchment paper to spread an even layer
- Add dollops of the marshmallow fluff on top of the cookie layer, distributing them all over the pan, then spread them as evenly as possible (don't worry if not everything is covered!). Using your fingers, crumble the remaining dough on top of the marshmallow fluff layer, you want some marshmallow fluff picking out between the cookie crumbles. Add a few chocolate chips on top if desired
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out almost clean. Let cool completely over a wire rack. Cut in 24 bars and enjoy!