These Protein packed energy bites not only are a healthier snack option, but they taste amazing, with peanut butter and goodness! plus, they’re super easy to make!
They’re soft, with strong peanut butter flavor and bits of chocolate in between.
They’re full of amazing ingredients that make these nutritious, filling and delicious!
Ingredients for Protein Packed Energy Bites
- Oats. I prefer for this recipe rolled oats
- Coconut. Shredded and unsweetened
- Chocolate Chips. I used semi-dark, but feel free to use whichever your prefer
- Hemp seeds. Help with the addition of protein and goodness!
- Peanut butter. I used smooth and unsweetened
- Protein Powder. Look for vanilla or unflavored; haven’t tried with chocolate flavored but it could work as well! (color might change a bit though)
- Maple syrup. Look for pure maple syrup so your sugary content doesn’t increase that much
- Vanilla extract. To enhance flavor and aroma
- Salt. To help enhance flavors
How to make Protein Packed Energy bites
To make these energy bites you only need to mix all of the ingredients until well combined.
Next, with the help of a cookie scoop, measure and form equally sized balls using your hands. Repeat this process until all the mixture is gone
Watch the video below for more details!
Can I make Protein packed energy bites gluten free?
You can use certified gluten free rolled oats instead of regular oats to make these a gluten free version
Can I freeze my Protein Packed bites?
Definitely! These bites can be frozen in an air tight container.
When ready to eat, thaw these protein packed bites overnight in the fridge or at room temperature
Can I substitute the peanut butter?
Absolutely! you can substitute the peanut butter for almond butter, cashew butter, tahini or any other nut butter of your choice
Click here for more Healthier Dessert Recipes, or follow the links below to see some of my favorites:
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sweetfixbaker to see your amazing creations!
Protein Packed Energy Bites
- 1 Cup rolled oats
- 1/2 Cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1/2 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 Cup peanut butter creamy
- 1/3 Cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon Protein Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl, until well combined
- Measure the mixture with a cookie scoop to mantain all balls equally sized and form a smooth ball with your hands. Repeat this process until mixture is finished