This super simple No-Churn Banana Bourbon Ice Cream is not only No-Churn (no need of an Ice Cream machine!), but also made in 20 minutes!
It’s creamy, sweet, with crunchy chunks of walnuts, a caramel drizzle and a kick of bourbon; it’s the perfect adult Ice Cream!
What is Bourbon?
Bourbon is an American whiskey produced mainly in the State of Kentucky.
Iv’e used bourbon before for desserts and I truly love the flavor and kick it gives!
I recently made this Bourbon & Cinnamon Apple Pie which I loved, and I’m definitely planning on developing more dessert recipes using it!
It gives a spicy and smokey flavor, and pairs beautifully with banana and caramel. You could also try pairing it with chocolate, maple, butter, apple and vanilla.
What does No-Churn mean?
No-Churn ice cream means there’s no need to use an ice cream machine to make your ice cream creamy and soft; usually, recipes call for sweetened condensed milk and whipped cream as a base to achieve the creaminess after frozen. This makes it convenient, easy and quick to make.
If you’re looking for more No-Churn Ice Cream recipes, take a look at these:
- Coconut, almond & Chocolate Ice Cream
- No-Churn Dulce de Leche Coffee Ice Cream
- S’mores Ice Cream
- Wild Blueberry & Lavender No-Churn Ice Cream
- No-Churn Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- Tequila Lime No-Churn Sorbet
How to make No-Churn Banana Bourbon Ice Cream (with step-by-step photos)
With a whisk attachment, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
Blend bananas, Sweetened condensed milk, bourbon, vanilla extract and salt. Fold in the whipped cream with the banana mixture until well incorporated.
Add walnuts and distribute evenly. Place in a freezable container, cover and freeze for 8 hours. Serve with drizzled caramel.
How to store
Store in an air-tight freezable container, covered and frozen at all times.
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sweetfixbaker to see your amazing creations!
No-Churn Banana Bourbon Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 C heavy whipping cream chilled
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 Can sweetened condensed milk
- 5 Tbsp bourbon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 C walnuts in chunks
- 1/2 C caramel
- With a whisk attachment, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside
- Blend bananas, Sweetened condensed milk, bourbon, vanilla extract and salt
- Fold in the whipped cream with the banana mixture until well incorporated. Add walnuts and distribute evenly
- Place in a freezable container, cover and freeze for 8 hours. Serve with drizzled caramel
- To whip your cream better, place metal bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 10 minutes