What could be easier than this 3 ingredient Banana Popsicle Recipe? This is a healthier frozen treat compared to the regular, store-bough popsicles, plus, it tastes heavenly!
How long can bananas be frozen?
If you want to freeze your bananas with the wooden stick, without dipping them in chocolate or nuts, they can last for up to 6 months if they’re well stored, in an air tight container and frozen at all times.
Place them on top of parchment paper to prevent them from sticking, and if you want to layer them, place parchment paper in between each layer.
How to melt chocolate for chocolate covered bananas
Before melting your chocolate, there are a few important points to consider:
- Moisture is the enemy of chocolate
- Always work with very low temperatures or you risk burning your chocolate
- If you’re using a chocolate bar, chop your chocolate in very small, equally sized pieces
- Optional: Adding 1 Tbsp shortening for every cup of chocolate makes it glossier when set
To melt chocolate in a stove top, use a double broiler or a heat proof bowl that fits over a pot. Add a few inches of water into the pot and place your heat proof bowl on top, making sure the bowl is not touching the water.
Next, turn on the heat in low, and wait for the water to boil. Add chocolate and wait for it to melt, stirring constantly.
If you’re using the microwave, add the finely chopped chocolate and microwave in medium power in 15 seconds increment, stirring between each, until chocolate is completely melted
How to store chocolate covered bananas?
Chocolate covered bananas can be stored in an air tight container. I like to place them on top of a piece of parchment paper, and if you’re layering them, make sure to add a sheet in between layers to prevent them from sticking between one another.
How long do chocolate dipped bananas last?
Chocolate covered bananas can be stored several weeks in the freezer when stored correctly. Make sure to place them in an air tight container and well covered.
Follow this link if you’re looking for more recipes for Ice Cream & Frozen treats, or you can find some of my favorite recipes in the links below.
If you make this recipe, please be sure to give it a rating and leave a comment!
- 3 ripe but firm bananas
- 6 wooden sticks
- 2 1/2 Cups chopped semi sweet chocolate
- 1 Cup chopped walnuts
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Peel bananas and cut in half, crosswise. Insert a wooden stick into each half, place in the prepared pan, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 3 to 4 hours
- Place the chopped walnuts into a plate. Melt chocolate with a double broiler and make sure water does't sip into the chocolate. Pour into a tall glass. Dip each frozen banana into the chocolate coating completely, using a spoon if necessary to help out. Immediately, roll the banana over the walnuts and place again into the baking pan while following the same steps with the rest of the bananas. Serve immediately, or cover and freeze until serving