This Vanilla Ice Cream Tart is your vanilla ice cream taken to the next level, with a graham cracker and walnut crust, caramelized walnuts, fresh mangoes and dulce de leche; it’s the perfect summer dessert!
It’s super simple to make, and you can choose between making some of your ingredients or using store bought, either way it’s a crowd-pleaser.
Tips and Tricks
To make this dessert you’ll need to start by making your crust. Just mix all of your ingredients until they have a wet sand consistency; press it firmly into your tart pan and freeze for 30 minutes or more.
For your caramelized nuts, you can either buy them or make them; if you feel like making them you can follow this Caramelized nuts recipe where I use brown sugar for a smokey and amazing flavor.
While your tart is freezing you can start making these and setting them aside to cool. The same with your dulce de Leche, you can either make this Dulce de Leche recipe ahead of time or buy some.
You’ll the need to mix your softened vanilla ice cream with your mango and half of your nuts; pour the mixture on top of your frozen crust and freeze your remaining mixture to use later. Drizzle the top of your tart with half of your dulce de leche and freeze until firm, around 2-3 hours.
When your remaining mixture is completely frozen, scoop ice cream balls on top of your frozen tart, garnish with some mango, sprinkle with remaining walnuts and drizzle with remaining dulce de leche. Keep frozen until serving and store in your freezer afterwards.
For a how-to video on how to make this dessert, follow this link
Ingredients you’ll need
For the Crust:
- Graham crackers
- Unsalted butter
For the Ice Cream mixture:
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Caramelized nuts
- Dulce de Leche
Can I substitute any of the add-ons?
Sure! you can add any fruit of your choice! think strawberry, peach, raspberry, blackberry or cherry.
You can also substitute the caramelized walnuts for simple walnuts without caramel, or any other nut of your choosing: pistachios, almonds, hazelnuts or even seeds!
The process will be the same, just swapping the ingredients and using the same amounts for each.
How to store
Keep this frozen before and after serving; this could last for up to 3 weeks in your freezer
Follow this link if you’re looking for more recipes for Ice Cream & Frozen treats, or you can find some of my favorite recipes in the links below.
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sweetfixbaker to see your amazing creations!
If you make this recipe, please be sure to give it a rating and leave a comment!
Caramelized Walnuts, Mango & Vanilla Ice Cream Tart
- 1 1/4 Cups graham cracker crumbs 1 sleeve graham crackers
- 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 7 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/3 Cups walnuts (measure then ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 48 ounces Vanilla Ice Cream softened
- 1 1/2 Cups mango in chunks, plus more for garnish
- 1 Cup caramelized walnuts homemade or store bought*
- 1/2 Cup dulce de leche homemade or store bought*
- Start by mixing all your crust ingredients until they turn into a sandy consistency. Press firmly on bottom and sides of a 10" in tart pan until smooth. Freeze for 30 minutes
- Mix your softened ice cream, mango and 3/4 C of your caramelized nuts. Pour on top of your crust and freeze remaining ice cream mixture until hardened. Drizzle half of your dulce de leche on top of your tart and freeze.
- When your remaining ice cream mixture is frozen enough, scoop large sized balls and place them on top of your frozen tart. Garnish with mangoes, sprinkle with remaining nuts and drizzle with dulce de leche. Keep frozen!